Rally Finland wants to be sustainable and developing rally event while respecting the strong rally culture of Finland. Sustainability in all its’ aspects is the basis of event organisation and sustainability is one of the key principles in the event organisation and organisation committee. AKK Sports Ltd. is doing its’ best to develop its’ own actions towards more sustainable event management. Rally Finland wants to be a responsivle event producer not only now but also in the future.
In the autumn 2020 Rally Finland was rewarded by Sustainable Travel Finland -label, which is a recognition of Visit Finland to the producers of sustainable tourism activities. Sustainable Travel Finland -label includes not only ecological aspects of sustainability, but also social, economical, ethical, cultural and safety aspects of sustainable service production. Click more information about the label here.
Rally Finland is committed to the “Action for Environment” programme of the International Automobile Federation FIA, and the event has achieved the highest level of the three-level FIA Environmental on 2017.
- In addition to the Rally Finland organisation, the special stage staff, volunteers, media representatives, event guests and other stakeholders are encouraged to commit to building an even more environmentally responsible event.
- Rally Finland carries out numerous environmental responsibility projects and campaigns (e.g. the digital Official Guide produced in cooperation with Mediahouse Keskisuomalainen; Toyota hybrid models as the organisation cars; PVC-free stickers on the organisation vehicles in cooperation with Grano; renewable materials in the VIP ticket production in cooperation with Corego).
- The event partners are committed to working together in developing an even more responsible WRC event (including e.g. spectator transport arrangements, biofuels, recycling, waste management, reducing energy and water consumption, materials, decorations/stickers)
Safety and social responsibility
- The Rally Finland organisation works all year round to ensure public safety, and this entails continuous cooperation with the authorities – e.g. the Police, the Emergency Services Academy Finland (i.e. “Pelastusopisto”) and the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency TUKES.
- The governing body for world motorsport, the FIA, sets a framework of rules for the safety matters and instructs the organiser on the various safety arrangements to be put in place in all WRC events. During the competition, the FIA monitors the implementation of the spectator safety factors.
- For an equal and accessible customer experience, the Rally Finland organiser AKK collaborates with for example the Finnish Aspa Foundation.
- The cooperation between AKK and Omnia, the Joint Authority of Education in Espoo Region, will produce motorsport professionals and sustainable development experts through Omnia’s training programmes.